Launch Event: Audit of Political Engagement 9, Part Two - The Media and Politics
Thursday 12 July
The media claim to play a critical role in our democracy, shining a bright light on those in power on behalf of the public. But in the context of that place in our democracy, what role and responsibilities, if any, do they have in relation to political engagement?
After a turbulent year for politics and the media the implications for public perceptions of politics and our democracy was explored in part two of our Audit of Political Engagement, launched on Thursday 12 July in Parliament.
Please click here to download the Audit of Political Engagement 9, Part Two - The Media and Politics
Please click here to listen to the Audio of the event
- Robert Colvile - Columnist and Leader Writer, Daily Telegraph
- Esther McVey MP - PPS to Chris Grayling and former broadcaster
- Kevin Maguire - Associate Editor, Politics, Daily Mirror
- Dr Ruth Fox - Research Director, Hansard Society
- Prof Gerry Stoker - University of Southampton and award-winning author of Why Politics Matters
- Fiona Booth - Chief Executive, Hansard Society
Photos and presentation of the event coming up soon.