Our guides help you navigate your way through the workings of the Westminster Parliament. Our set of topic guides will build up to cover core parliamentary business and occasions. And as major parliamentary events occur, our curated special collections will bring material from different guides together to explain the background and what may happen and when.
- What are Private Members’ Bills (PMBs)?
- What is a Ballot Bill and how does the PMB ballot in the House of Commons work?
- What is a Ten Minute Rule Bill?
- What is a Presentation Bill?
- How is time allocated for consideration of Private Members’ Bills in the House of Commons?
- What is the legislative procedure for PMBs in the House of Commons?
- How do Private Members’ Bills work in the House of Lords?
- What are the problems with Private Members’ Bills?
- How many Private Members’ Bills become law each parliamentary session?